Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC missing with lost hard drive. DNG and images on external

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have all of my images and DNG on an external drive.  My internal hard drive went down and my LRC was on the internal drive.  How can I reattach all of my edited photos along with the categories etc.  I have a back up from a month or so ago but it opens and then says select import.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

This is the way it should work.... Locate your last Lr backup > if it's zipped - unzip it to your local drive in the Pictures folder > Open Lr and it should look the exact same as it did on the date you backed it up. The folders should be exactly where they were and the only thing you should have to do is Add the folders (via Import) that you created since the point of your last backup.

If the catalog is on a network server or you don't have permissions on the EHD that the backup is on, you will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot? Your backup catalog should show all of the folders intact as they were from the point of your last backup and they should be already recognized by Lr. Have you changed the names or location of any of the folders? If not - Lr should pick up at the same point you were at when you last backed up. If you are working in your catalog daily or weekly even you should be backing up more frequently. You should only have to import photos since the point of your last backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lrc issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what I have to do is import all the folders that I have created on the external drive.  Hopefully my edited files are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the way it should work.... Locate your last Lr backup > if it's zipped - unzip it to your local drive in the Pictures folder > Open Lr and it should look the exact same as it did on the date you backed it up. The folders should be exactly where they were and the only thing you should have to do is Add the folders (via Import) that you created since the point of your last backup.

If the catalog is on a network server or you don't have permissions on the EHD that the backup is on, you will not be able to open the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks to be working.  thank you vm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines