Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming folders

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE15 on Win10

I imported some files from my phone into a folder that was created by PSE. Everything went well. After that, tried to do a bit of renaming on the folder, resulting in "The operation could not be completed.The error may have occured  due to invalid characters, read only location or existing folder having same name". I checked the folder propertioes with Windows Explorer and found it to be "Read only"! Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Just a guess: the master folder you have chosen to include your new folder tree may not have the correct permissions...

What would happen if you used Windows 10 to grant all permission for that master folder and its subfolders and files?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Created by PSE""should be "created by PSE during the import process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a guess: the master folder you have chosen to include your new folder tree may not have the correct permissions...

What would happen if you used Windows 10 to grant all permission for that master folder and its subfolders and files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines