• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing buttons in motion tracker

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Tracker Panel, everything below the "Current Track" is gone. They aren't greyed out or anything, they just aren't there.

I can't select a track type, target for the motion, analyze, or apply.

Is this a problem with the download or is there a specific kind of shenanigan I have to select for those options to appear?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

i think i got the solution !!!!

you need to go to -> workspace and reset it to "all windows" helped for me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the Motion Tracking workspace
  2. Select the layer you want to track in the timeline
  3. Select the Layer Name in Motion Tracking Source option in the Motion Tracking Panel
  4. If the options do not appear return to the timeline and select the footage layer (must be video or a composition - cannot be animated) and right click and select Open in Layer Panel
  5. Return to the Motion Tracking Panel and select the Motion Tracking Source and choose your tracking options.

Another option is to select the layer you wish to track in the Timeline and then go the menu and select Animation>Track Motion. This will open the Layer Panel and open up the Motion Tracking Panel with the layer selected as the Motion Tracking Source.

Now you should have to option to Track Camera, Warp Stabilize, Track Motion and Stabilize motion. Only Stabilize Motion and Track Motion are area trackers. Some folks think they are point tracking but they track areas of pixels that should be at least large enough to include a significant amount of detail that will not change during the shot. Warp Stabilizing will try and smooth out some types of footage but will not work well on all shots. Track Camera will analyze the motion in the scene and if there is enough fixed geometry in the scene provide a solution for a comp camera that matches the original movement of the camera used to take the shot. Here again, Track Camera will only work with shots that contain enough fixed geometry to provide a solution. There also needs to be some change in parallax or perspective for s successful track.

If none of those workflows are working for you then you may have a build of AE installed that had some bugs with tracking. The current version of CC 2014 and CC 2015 seem to be working just fine for me on both Windows and Mac systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you for your response.

I have everything where it needs to be, already selected the tracking area and everything, it's just that the buttons aren't there to do anything with it.

Like everything below "Current Track" in the Tracker panel is missing.

I got the area that I wanted to track, made a null object to bind it to in the rest of the composition, selected the track motion and picked the tracking area, but I don't have the buttons to do anything beyond that. I can't analyze it because the "analyze" option isn't there. new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Sounds like you need to expand the motion tracking panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I've tried that, like even opening it in a standalone window away from the panel just to be sure, but everything's still missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that your AE is not the latest build. You never said which version you were using. There were some tracking bugs in earlier versions. The only possible other problem that may be causing this is that your layer is not a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the CC2015, but there were some difficulties surrounding the installation and running of it. I'm guessing it's just a bug, hopefully the next update will fix it. Thank you for talking me through this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working just fine for me. Try uninstalling using the Creative Cloud App then re-install. If you have previous versions of AE installed that you want to keep be sure and look at the Advanced Options and uncheck delete previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have this exact problem with AE CC2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha!  You must be in the Motion Tracking workspace.  The Tracker panel comes up in other workspaces but it doesn't seem to be functional.

Undocumented feature 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i got the solution !!!!

you need to go to -> workspace and reset it to "all windows" helped for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome! Just like austin I was baffled!! Thank you for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It really works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. It seems to be because the Layer window didn't exist, which is normally where you work on the tracker point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I still do not know how you resolved this perse? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to expand the Tracker panel. Try choosing the Motion Tracking workspace. If that doesn't get it for you try manually dragging the bottom of the panel down or right-click on "Tracker" and Undock the panel and expand it so you see the whole thing. Only displays that barely meet the minimum system requirements would require you to Undock the Panel to see all of the controls.

Screenshot_2018-07-15 17.02.04_CjFDDk.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! it's great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines