• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Predict what should be behind mask layer?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I want to make youtube videos and in them i want to remove stuff that makes the video look bad. Is there anyway that i can make it so that AE generates a prediction of what the video should look like if the stuff werent there. (I want to remove the HUD in overwatch)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

I want to remove as much as i can.

Also the clips are already recorded so i cant go in game and remove the hud.

if you are asking to remove all the overlays on the screen, you're asking the impossible. I mean, technically it is possible by reconstructing the whole elements and then attaching the clean patches over in an insane roto and track workflow. but I can't imagine anyone doing any of this. there's simply too much going on under these overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to predict how it will look, you could export a frame to photoshop, clean it up and see how it looks. in Ae, you can maybe use rough masks on the footage and place a duplicate underneath if you have enough clean background but that's about it. maybe if we look at your video, we can give better advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see exactly what you are doing for every frame in the timeline while you are working on the frame. Replacing items is more tedious and requires skills like tracking and compositing. Again, you can see exactly what you are doing when you are working on the frames and you can preview your work.

It sounds like you are very new to After Effects. If so I strongly suggest that you go to the Adobe AE product page and click on some of the learning links. AE is not a program that you can just open and use. It is not automatic. AE requires a complete understanding of the UI as well as an understanding of layering, compositing, animation techniques, color, and a host of other skills to use well and use efficiently.

When you have specific questions the more detail you can provide to the forum the better. Screenshots help. You can use Print Screen and just paste on Windows machines or Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 and drag from the desktop on a Mac. Let us know if we can be of more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from what the others said, I'm sure there is some option in the game or tool that can turn off the HUD/ hide the overlay buffer during capture.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit. I am new to photoshop yes. There is an clip as an example here: Overwatch Example Clip - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are asking to remove all the overlays on the screen, you're asking the impossible. I mean, technically it is possible by reconstructing the whole elements and then attaching the clean patches over in an insane roto and track workflow. but I can't imagine anyone doing any of this. there's simply too much going on under these overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks to all you who tried to help me in this article. The end result wasnt as id hoped but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines