• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Square Photo on Square Page Book Module

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cropped my photos and changed the ratio to 1 x 1. In the Book module I selected 7" x 7" ,  one page layout, full page. In the development module I set the format to 1 x 1 and cropped the photo exactly the way I want to see them in the book. When I drag photos to the page, they do not fill the entire page. I do not want to zoom the photo after dragging it on to the book page. Why is a 1 x 1 format not filling the 7" x 7" page?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

After sleeping on this question, I solved it. First I went to the book module and cleared the book. Then I reselected the 7" x 7" format and set the default page layout to 1 and full bleed. I could not find where to set zoom to full but I guess that was default. When I dragged the photos into the book they filled the page and looked like the cropped images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was used to take the picture? What are the pixel dimensions of the cropped image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taken with Lumix GX85. Cropped image is 2292 x 2292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Cell Padding set to 0 pt? If you can, please post a screenshot of one of the affected pages.

A J

Image 1050.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cell padding is 0 pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they do not fill the entire page

And- Which page template are you using?

The one on the left, or on the right of this screen-clip?

ScreenShot031.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one on the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click on the image to see the borders. It is not showing up on this reply window.

books Page 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can work with this image. The white canvas on the sides can be cropped (again) in Lightroom.

• Develop
  • Crop Overlay
  • Aspect Ratio 1x1
  • Close

Then drag this image back into your book.

InkedImage 1054_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your full image does include a white border (and the screen-clip image is not 1:1) then you are seeing the photo's white border on the book page, not the white page background. Set the page background to black and see what the effect is with the photo 'as is'.

You will need to crop the image to 'remove the white border as indicated by SERVITOR in the above post.

Otherwise it seems you have everything correct.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After sleeping on this question, I solved it. First I went to the book module and cleared the book. Then I reselected the 7" x 7" format and set the default page layout to 1 and full bleed. I could not find where to set zoom to full but I guess that was default. When I dragged the photos into the book they filled the page and looked like the cropped images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines