Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone tool not working using a Wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My Clone tool does not seem to work using adobe Photoshop and the Wacom tablet.

The Photoshop Clone tool only works using my mouse so I have to swap back and forth which is most frustrating. Can anyone Help. I ask a Wacom customer service person and they were no help.

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

What exactly are you seeing?  Does the clone tool cursor not move at all?  Does it move but not copy the selected pixels?

How are you selecting the source point?  With the Alt key on the keyboard the same as with the mouse?

OK, I just checked and there is a known issue with CC 2017 and the latest Wacom Driver.  You could see if there is a later driver for the tablet that may have fixed the issue, or roll back to an earlier Wacom driver.

Photoshop CC 2017: Wacom not working properly with clone tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you seeing?  Does the clone tool cursor not move at all?  Does it move but not copy the selected pixels?

How are you selecting the source point?  With the Alt key on the keyboard the same as with the mouse?

OK, I just checked and there is a known issue with CC 2017 and the latest Wacom Driver.  You could see if there is a later driver for the tablet that may have fixed the issue, or roll back to an earlier Wacom driver.

Photoshop CC 2017: Wacom not working properly with clone tool | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor I will investigate your recommendation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off your rulers view. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same problem. Wacom said to select "Reset Preferences On Quit" in Photoshop General Preferences. I tried it. It didn't work for me. Out of curiosity I clicked the "Flow" icon on Photoshop menu bar. Bamm! Clone worked as expected in Photoshop with my Wacom Intuous Pro. I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines