• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't insert Captivate demo

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a Captivate demo in my WebHelp project. Now from what I understand, this feature is already a part of the RoboHelp6 package, though I am limited in what I can do, unless I buy the full Captivate program. When I try to insert a new Captivate demo from the New menu, the option is not active to select. The option is also not active when I try to insert it into an already existing topic. I un-installed and then re-installed the RH6 program, thinking that I had to choose to have this feature installed, but no luck. Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks,
Danni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2007 Jul 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danni. Captivate is not included with your Robohelp licence. You have to purchase a separate Captivate licence. Robohelp 6 does indeed have greater integration with other Adobe products though - one being Captivate. In essence, the toolbar icon allows you to launch Captivate provided you have purchased it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

I am using the version of RoboHelp 7 that comes with the Adobe Technical Communication Suite. I cannot get my Captivate demo to insert properly into a WebHelp topic. I created a Captivate project called Test and published it as Test.swf and Test_skin.swf. When I insert either file, instead of an object icon, I get a blank square. RoboHelp does not seem to recognize the .swf file type. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 14, 2008 Oct 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred

I know you addressed Colum, but hopefully I might be able to add some insight here.

What you are describing sounds like perfectly normal behavior. It sounds as if you are expecting the Captivate object to be rendered differently in the WYSIWYG editor. I would ask you if you have tried previewing the page after you have inserted the Captivate? If not, that may allay your concerns. If you have, what happens?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. When I preview the page, the Captivate object runs automatically. Since it fades to white at the end, you would not even know that it was there after it runs unless I insert Test_skin.swf, which has the row of buttons at the bottom.

This is not the behavior that I want. I do not want the demo to run automatically. I want to give the reader to read the steps for performing the task and then have the option of running the demo at his/her discretion. If that is not possible, I guess I need to keep the last frame from fading to white so the page won't have a blank area with a row of buttons at the bottom. Is there an alternative?

Thanks. Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred

You need to investigate the Click Box or Button objects. Either of these will pause the Captivate until the user is ready to move on.

You may wish to investigate training?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Training would be great, but I'm told we have no money for that in our budget. I'll see what I can find out about the Click Box and Button objects in relation to running Captivate demos. Any advice on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Fred

Basically all you need to do is to edit the first slide of the Captivate project. Click Insert and choose Button. Configure the Button object to Go to next slide when it has been clicked. That action will prevent it from automatically playing when the topic loads.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp