• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move ISO-specific development presets to a new computer?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts and community,

I have bought a new computer (2017 iMac 27", AWSOME!) and have easily moved my LR catalogue and Maters to the new machine. I also moved the preferences and all (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/) to the new computer, and almost all works fine. JUST: the ISO-specific default development presets were lost somewhere along the way. And this is really a pain, as I have invested a serious amount of time and effort to defining them.

So, please, if anybody could help me identify their whereabouts or the trick I'm unaware of to make them be applied also on my new machine?! That would be awesome!

Looking forward to getting hints,

best,

Marco

PS: I'm on Lightroom 6.10.1, on a Mac (obviously) and yes, I do have the full backup of my old iMac still around...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Exact details differ by OS but there's a common way to get to this: open Lightroom Preferences, Presets tab and click on "Show Lightroom Presets Folder", an OS browser opens to a location called "Adobe" with a folder called "Lightroom" highlighted.

Also in the Adobe location is another folder called "CameraRaw". Inside that, is a subfolder named "Defaults". This is what you want.

These settings, and some others, are shared in common between ACR (if used) and Lightroom (if used).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact details differ by OS but there's a common way to get to this: open Lightroom Preferences, Presets tab and click on "Show Lightroom Presets Folder", an OS browser opens to a location called "Adobe" with a folder called "Lightroom" highlighted.

Also in the Adobe location is another folder called "CameraRaw". Inside that, is a subfolder named "Defaults". This is what you want.

These settings, and some others, are shared in common between ACR (if used) and Lightroom (if used).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it, thank you! Wasn't thinking of the ARC-setting! Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines