• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will adobe premiere pro cc 2017 and after effects cc 2017 run smoothly in Windows 7 service pack-1 64bit with 4GB RAM? Please help!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, will it works smoothly if i install adobe premiere pro cc 2017 and after effects cc 2017 in Windows 7 service pack-1 64bit with 4GB RAM? Please help!
I just about to get this two products but looking at the minimum requirement, i'm questioning myself.. !will it works?
but i already installed Photoshop cc 2017 and it run smoothly in my computer, so how's it?? Please help!

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to the Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects and photoshop may boot but "runs smoothly" will need a good g-card and prob some more (at least 8 but 12 is better) ram... I assume you don't do any 3d work on this system?

I don't use premiere much so someone else may have a better idea there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: It doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, and the minimum requirements will not give smooth operation.

Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements

What are the rest of the specs (including hard drives and processor) for the computer?

What type of media will you be editing (container and codec)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay then, i should stay at cs6 i think.

I'll be using it for container type of media.

thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even for CS6 get yourself some more RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i don't.

Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As others who posted in this thread, you will need more RAM even for CS6. This is because both Premiere Pro and After Effects are much more RAM-hungry than Photoshop to begin with. And if you're talking about the CC 2017 versions of those two programs, the programs will error out back to the Windows desktop instead of starting if your system has that little RAM because they require at least 8GB of RAM just to even run at all.

And even if you can get CS6 to start at all with only 4GB of RAM, it is very possible that you might not be able to perform any tasks at all whatsoever within Premiere or After Effects, depending on your PC's hardware configuration. That is why we were asking for the rest of the hardware specifications of the PC in question.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines