• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to change the metadata fields in the library filter?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Library filter/Metadata all the time, but I need different fields than the ones that is awailable in this list. Does anyone know it if it posible to edit this? I think it is posible, the reason I believe this is that after I added a plugin for Flickr I got three new fields in the bottom of the list.

So what I'm asking... is it for example posible to get Title as a field in this list??

Library filter - Metadata fields.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only via a plugin, which is what's happening with Flickr.

My Search and Replace plugin's Workflow Filters (you don't need to buy) populates a title field, among others, and I use it to review metadata entry .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where I can download this plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... I think I found something... on maby your blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Installed the plugin... and now I get the option * Title * in my library filter.... . But I added "Test" as a title for one of the photos... but the filter is not updated. Is this not the way it is suppose to work? Where do I have to add information to populate the field *Title*?

Title.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! This plugin helps me alot - Thanks!!! Had to buy it to get all the functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the basic filtering functionality is free but you do have to run the menu to update the fields like *Title* , because Lightroom doesn't make it easy to automatically update custom fields.

I really wish that one could filter on Title, and other fields, without reliance on plugins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how can a Plugin modify that menu list and a Person, User, can't. If it is being modified then somehow there is access to do that. Where is that access. What file is the plugin modifying or adding to add items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plugin can make its own custom fields available in the Library Filter list. So in that screenshot you're seeing a custom field which is labelled *Title* to distinguish it from the real Title field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then how does the plugin make the custom field. It must be modifying some file to do that. The question is what file is the plugin changing or adding to add the custom field.

Maybe you don't want to state as it is a secret to programmers creating plugins. I don't know but your responses seem very round about as to how ANY PLUGIN can add items to the filter bar menu list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any plugin that defines custom fields does so by Lr reading the plugin's definition and recording the custom field setup in the catalogue, using the method documented in the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines