Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect's particle world not working

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I've been trying to (unsuccessfully) use the Particle World Plugin for a few days now. Whenever I hit the play (preview button), nothing happens e.g: particles do not appear or move. I've tried a few things, firstly clearing my media disk and cache. Secondly uninstalling and re-installing Adobe After Effects, but none of these strategies seem to be work.
Basically, I'm attempting to create glitter-like particles on a normal jpg image. Supringsly, when I first tried using the following tutorial: How to create Fairy Glitter in Adobe After Effects - YouTube

Here are some screen shots,

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 6.01.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 5.38.33 PM.png

Perhaps the -Z symbol has something to do with it not working? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you! xoxo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE are you running?

I don't have the animation preset on mine but what does shows up in the Particle and Physics drop downs?

The grids and guides wouldn't stop the particle world from working but you can turn it off in the grid & guides drop down.

Untitled7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it might be a good idea to actually use a decent comp resolution. Yours looks tiny like 200 x 200 or something and inevitably this may not work with that plug-ins internal algorithms and the particles get clipped away or interpolated into a barely recognizable transprency moosh.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium and Nexahs1188,

Thank you for your help, my comp resolution is 1080 x 1080 pixels, so it shouldn't affect the plugin working. I'm using After Effects CC 2017.  I'm baffled, to be honest, I'll keep trying to trouble-shoot.

Thank you for your help, very kind of you to both respond,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting your machine. Creating a brand new project, brand new comp, brand new (layer-sized) solid.

Apply the CC Particle World effect.

Move forward in the timeline.

Do you see particles then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its easy 

Just increase the birth rate to over 400-500 and use 720p or 1080p composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines