• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Premiere CS 6.05 Upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not document about how to install upgrades for CS6.

How to install Premiere CS6 upgrade 6.05 on a Premium Installation (DVD version) where all CS6 products share the same Installation/Activation Codes ?

Must existing Premiere be uninstalled first or deactivate it (with this DVD series every product can be deactivated without being uninstalled if it has to be transferred to another computer) ?

What will be the exact process to follow in order to avoid any further disturbance in the series ?

I downloaded the upgrade which is named "Trial" : does that mean that there is some further activation process needed to get the whole thing running ?

Thank you

Il n'y a pas de document au sujet de l'installation des mises à jour pour CS6.

Comment installer la mise à jour 6.0.5 pour Premiere CS6 sur une installation de la série Premium (sur DVD) dans laquelle tous les produits CS6 partagent les mêmes code d'installation et activation ?

Faut-il commencer par désinstaller Premiere ou désactiver son installation (dans cette séries sur DVD chaque produit peut être désactivé sans être désinstaller si on veut transférer l'installation sur un autre ordinateur)

Quel est le processus exact à suivre afin d'éviter tout dérangement y compris dans les autres produits de la série ?

J'ai téléchargé la mise à jour qui s'intitule "Trial" (essai) : cela signifie-t-il qu'il faudra poursuivre l'insallation par d'autres opérations d'activation ?

Merci

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Dominque I reviewed the activation history for your copy of Creative Suite 6 Master Collection for Windows and I do not show that it was ever activated.  If you are installing Master Collection on a new computer you will be able to do so successfully.  You can find full details regarding the activation process at Activate and deactivate Adobe products​.

The likely reason you are not able to deactivate your current installation is because it was never activated.  If you did install using the seria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updates are minor version (eg, 6 to 6.05) changes and are free.

upgrades are major version (eg, cs6 to cc) changes and are not free.

install premiere cs6

update to 6.05 by downloading the files directly and then applying them:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

adobe trials are full time-limited versions.  the time-limit is removed by activating (which requires your serial number).

you don't have to deactivate (help>deactivate) installations on old computers, but you're only allowed two concurrent activations so it's a good idea and necessary if you're trying to install and activate on a third computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank your for your reply. However to get things absolutetly clear I understand that :

1/ If I'm willing to spare my activation rights on this version, I'll have to uninstall Premiere and install the Upgrade version as if it was the original. (Anyway I'll have to because Totalcode need Premiere to be installed in Program Files which I did not do first).

2/ I noticed that once I had activated one of the products of the full Premium series and later installed other products, they did not ask me for any further activation process. I gathered that all the products of the series (coming out from the same applications DVD) used automatically the same installation/activation code root.

3/ So will this Upgrade version ask me to enter any installation or activation code or will acknowledge the same existing code automatically, especially if I uninstall Premiere first as suggested in 1/ ?

RgdsD.LABORIER

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if part of the suite is installed, and you find a full updated installation file, you will not be prompted for the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for assistance.Dominique

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for assistance.Dominique

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up of my initial question to which you firstly replied that I did not have to deactivate Premiere to install the Upgrade because "I had the right for 2 concurrent activations".This point is not clear to me because the double system of deactivation and uninstallation is not clarified.The situation is : I have a Master (not Premium) CS6 Series delivered on a DVD that I can install and activate twice (for instance if my computer crashed (HD and/or MB), right or wrong ?

Actually I'm working on a specific and unique computer (not an "old" one) not connected to Internet where I installed several products of my Series.(I checked by the way that the option "deactivate" is greyed out in Premiere.)

I installed Premiere in a separate folder (not Program files) but have to reinstall it (or the upgrade rather), in order to use a 3rdParty plugin.So I have to uninstall Premiere anyway. Will this operation affect the initial activation and use the second activation right ? (This is the confusion point)

RegardsDominique

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Master (not Premium) CS6 Series delivered on a DVD that I can install and activate twice (for instance if my computer crashed (HD and/or MB), right or wrong ?

wrong.  you can activate an unlimited number of times:

1. activations on the same computer count as one activation.  so changing an installation folder doesn't require a new activation.

2. if you deactivate (help>deactivate) a previously activated installation, you can install and activate on another computer*.

ie, as long as you deactivate earlier installations, you can continue to activate on any internet connected computer.  if your computer has no internet access you may be able to activate by phone/chat but i think this is doubtful.

* another computer might look like the same computer to you but to adobe it will look different if you change the cpu or the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked on every product of the series installed on my computer and all help&gt;deactivate options are greyed out, meaning no deactivation is possible in case I would like to. Any explanation ?

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dominque I reviewed the activation history for your copy of Creative Suite 6 Master Collection for Windows and I do not show that it was ever activated.  If you are installing Master Collection on a new computer you will be able to do so successfully.  You can find full details regarding the activation process at Activate and deactivate Adobe products​.

The likely reason you are not able to deactivate your current installation is because it was never activated.  If you did install using the serial number registered under your account at http://www.adobe.com/ then I would recommend reviewing Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications which discusses how to resolve the connection error that prevented activation.  For details on how to locate your registered Creative Suite 6 Master Collection for Windows serial number Dominque see Find your serial number​.

If you have any additional questions can you please post a screen shot of the error message that you are experiencing?  For details on how to post a screen shot see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?​.

Finally, please be aware that you are posting in a public forum.  I will review your previous messages and edit out your e-mail addresses.  I would ask that you either remove your personal information in your response for future posts or view the discussion directly.  To view the discussion, in your default web browser, click on the link to View the full discussion in the e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous message : I meant Update, not Upgrade ; sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines