• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit form fillable PDF and cannot print to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and trying to comment and edit a form fillable PDF.

I cannot edit it because of the interactive form features so Acrobat Pro DC asks me to print it:

"This form is interactive and has special features. To save a copy of it that you can treat as any other PDF file, choose File  Print and then choose the Adobe PDF printer. This creates a PDF file that does not have special features, so you can add comments to it or send it out for review."

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.09.40 PM.png

So I try to print it using File > Print > [Printer] > [Save as PDF] / [Save as Adobe PDF]

"Saving a PDF file when printing is not supported. Instead, choose File > Save."

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.10.05 PM.png

ugh, this is a very bad joke..

I can't seem to export it as a regular PDF, none of those options work either.

How can I export this as a regular PDF

What the can I do short of printing it and scanning it back in?

edit: I found this New iMac running OSX 10.11 El Capitan unable to print to PDF  (Nov 2015) which says this is due to a security change in OS X -- its been over a year, is there a workaround?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your copy of the PDF form has had Extended Reader Rights applied to the PDF. You have to remove those rights.

Have you checked the PDF's properties to see if any other security has been applied to the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Mac user has been able to print to Adobe PDF for many years, since Mac OS 10.7. The message is certainly unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into the message. It seems to mean this is a "LiveCycle Designer form" which cannot be edited with Mac software and cannot be commented. Such forms are ONLY for filling, and that's what the form designer chose. So you're stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only option is open it on a PC and Print to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bear in mind that if you do that it will no longer be possible to fill it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines