• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No thumbnails on LR screen

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a new video card (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1050ti) and when I start Light Room 2015 no thumbnails show up at the bottom of the screen either in Library or Develop. I re-installed LR but that didn't help. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Either Lightroom can't find the photos (exclamation point icon on the photos) or this: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Lightroom can't find the photos (exclamation point icon on the photos) or this: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have since found out is that Adobe Light Room is not compatible with the video card. This according to Adobe. So the card has been returned and a new one is on the way that Adobe says is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the details of what card you are now purchasing that Adobe says is compatible, so that the rest of us can benefit from this knowledge?

I have not heard of a video card that is not compatible with Lightroom causing gray rectangles. I strongly suspect others are using GTX1050ti without this problem. Also, the specifications for Lightroom gives no indication that the GTX1050ti would not work. In other words, I am very skeptical that the card was not compatible, even though that's what Adobe said. (Now if the card was malfunctioning perhaps I could understand that, but that's different than "not compatible").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am now getting is the NVIDIA GTX960.  What Adobe said was that there is a lot of programming that needs to be done for the card and they are working on it. It seems to me that if that weren't the case Adobe would be quick to say that it was a problem with the card.  I didn't have any problems with any of the other applications that I use including Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and as far as not being able to find the photos, in the develop module the thumbnails were blank boxes but when I clicked on one of them the image would come up for editing so Light Room could find the images. In the Library module even when I clicked on the blank thumbnail nothing would show up and in all cases of both the Library and Develop my second screen would only show the Light Room screen with a black box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if that's what Adobe said ... but I remain skeptical ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I have installed the GTX960 and am having the same problem with it that I had with the 1050 so it must be something that I have to do to LR itself. Does anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of two possibilities -

You either have a corrupted preview cache, or there is something wrong with your monitor profile.

The monitor profile is the easiest to check, and dj_paige has already posted a link for that (post 1). If setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor) fixes the problem, you should calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator, which will create a profile that accurately describes your monitor.

To fix a corrupted preview cache, with Lightroom closed, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog.

Delete or rename the folder whose name ends with Previews.lrdata. Do not delete anything else.

Launch Lightroom, and it will now rebuild the previews as you browse the Library.

If you rename the previews folder instead of deleting it, you can rename it back if it turns out that the previews weren't corrupted after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed the steps for the color management and it worked. Later this evening I will recalibrate both monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines