• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.10.1 new computer new install crashes on import?

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new iMac and a fresh install of LR6 and for some reason I cannot import anything (crashes with a beach ball hang)? Otherwise it is functioning fine as far as I know. The only thing I did after installing was an update and use these instructions to move my info frmo my previous computer

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Thanks very much for help on this.

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

the issue came right back after deleting the .plist so I decided to give abode chat another chance. The next remote service surmised it was a corrupt catalog and of ext HDD problem.

We created a new catalog and imported from the old one and I used my clone backup and poof, everything works perfectly.

thanks the al lmighty for backups

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have tried to deactivate the GPU support?

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Perfomance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the GPU and restated LR, the problem remains.

I select a import source, for about five seconds everything appears fine then the beach ball starts and I am forced to quit.

I know it will get figured out, but it is a bit frustrating as most of the reason I got a new computer is to work LR better. I was on a 2009 iMac.

Thanks for the support

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems a corrupted .plist is the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the issue came right back after deleting the .plist so I decided to give abode chat another chance. The next remote service surmised it was a corrupt catalog and of ext HDD problem.

We created a new catalog and imported from the old one and I used my clone backup and poof, everything works perfectly.

thanks the al lmighty for backups

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines