• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Error - Files Could Not Be Read

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue and I already checked the permissions. AlysonJ what "level" is needed and how did you fix it? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Well for one thing you aren't running the most current version of LR. I suggest you update it from the CC DTA and if that doesn't get you to CC2015.10.1 then do it manually from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Are you sure the Pictures folder and whatever subfolder is selected in the Destination are of the LR import dialog and not some other folder that your username doesn't have access to?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your post to a new thread.

You need to check the permission on the folder you have selected in the LR Import Destination area and any upper level folders that folder is in. Add your User Name and give it Full Control, Windows, or Read & Write permissions, Mac OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding so quickly. I checked the permissions of all folders, including upper level folders. It shows read and write under my name which is how my MAC is named. When you say "add you user name" was that for Windows only? If for MAC, are you saying that I have to add my Adobe username? Just covering my bases here. Thanks very much. I'm new to LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No your Computers User Name.

Mac Get Info.PNG

That screen shot is for the Pictures folder on OS X but is the same for whatever folder you have chosen in the LR import dialog.

You will have to click the Lock icon on the bottom right to make changes.

Or simply chose a different folder in the LR import Destination section that your username DOES have both Read & Write permissions to.

Please state the exact version of LR you are using. In LR, Help > System Info. And the make and model of camera you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

Lightroom version: CC 2015.7 and I'm using a Canon 5D mark iii. I checked my pictures folder and it already has read & write permissions. So confused!

Plus I've checked the permissions on the subfolders as well. What's odd is I've imported from this camera and did not have this issue. Into the same pictures folder.

I appreciate your help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for one thing you aren't running the most current version of LR. I suggest you update it from the CC DTA and if that doesn't get you to CC2015.10.1 then do it manually from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Are you sure the Pictures folder and whatever subfolder is selected in the Destination are of the LR import dialog and not some other folder that your username doesn't have access to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tessab86926995  wrote

hi there,

Lightroom version: CC 2015.7 and I'm using a Canon 5D mark iii. I checked my pictures folder and it already has read & write permissions. So confused!

You may have accidentally changed the destination folder so it is no longer your pictures folder. Please check the Import dialog box to see what the Destination folder actually is that Lightroom is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines