• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Keyframe Wiggle in Camera

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I added a wiggle expression to my Camera layer but I'd like to use keyframes to enable and disable it. Tutorial on YouTube said use "Slider"" effect to create keyframes wbut it doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

The best way is to link the frequency or amplitude of the wiggle expression to expression controllers

1.- Add the wiggle expression to your camera. It should be something like wiggle(a,b) where a is the frequency and b is the amplitude.

2.- Create a Null Object and apply two Slider Control effects (you will fin under the Expression Controls category). Rename them like Frequency and Amplitude.

3.- Select the "a" parameter in the wiggle expression and use the pick whip to link to the slider parameter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way is to link the frequency or amplitude of the wiggle expression to expression controllers

1.- Add the wiggle expression to your camera. It should be something like wiggle(a,b) where a is the frequency and b is the amplitude.

2.- Create a Null Object and apply two Slider Control effects (you will fin under the Expression Controls category). Rename them like Frequency and Amplitude.

3.- Select the "a" parameter in the wiggle expression and use the pick whip to link to the slider parameter of the Frequency effect. Do the same with the "b" parameter, linking it to the slider of the second effect. Your expression will be something like wiggle(thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("Frequency")("Slider"),thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("Magnitude")("Slider"))

4.- The you can animate the slider parameters to obtain desired result. Anyway, you will have to convert your keyframes to Hold KF to control the wiggle like an "ON-OFF" switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason I stay away from keyframing wiggles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Jose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Jose's suggestion is broadly correct, you need to be aware that keyframing the slider control for wiggle frequency is not a good idea - unless you use a more sophisticated expression - see below. Keyframing the slider control for wiggle amplitude is fine, so if this gives you enough control, leaving frequency with a fixed value, I would suggest you go with that.

If you do need to keyframe wiggle frequency I would suggest you read and use the very useful information in this document by the master expression writer Dan Ebberts. It will explain the problem of keyframing frequency - and give you an expression solution.

Expression Speed and Frequency Control

Mike A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines