• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom CC Update won't let me edit .ORF files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I literally bought Adobe Lightroom CC because my old lightroom wouldn't open .ORF files.  It's been working fine (other than crashing like 3 times a session, which is why I uninstalled it and reinstalled it) and when I did, it updated to a newer version and now my .ORF files won't work.  I'm so livid, I get hardly any time to edit, and now I have to deal with this.  Any ideas?  All I get on the net is that older versions don't support newer camera raw files, which is why I updated in the first place.

adobesucks.JPG

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop Lightroom)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

I had to get Adobe to take over my computer and rename a .inf file or something and add "old" to the name so the program would take the manual update file.  Now all is well.  He did it really quick so I don't remember the extension or where the file was.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR. Go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and post the version. If it is anything other than 2015.10.1 download and install the .10.1 update for your OS type from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just says 2015 edition?

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

Maybe that's the version?

Shouldn't Adobe CC keep me updated with the latest versions since I'm paying them monthly? lol  Does that mean it's 10.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, use the link I provided to download and install the .10.1 update. You are currently running the original release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all so weird.  The Adobe CC app updated itself first then told me it will stay on top of updates, then when I reinstalled LR, it's all out of date?  What the heck?  How do I know to trust the app now?  Plus this download link didn't let me install anything.  I went to the latest windows version and this is what I got.adobestillsucks.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version you reported is 11 updates behind. And that is probably why your camera is not supported. Each camera model must be specifically added, and that is one of the reasons for each update. There's a good chance that the Creative Cloud application manager on your computer needs to be updated so that it will automatically see updates as they are made available. Follow the link that JSM has provided and downloaded and install the update 10.1. There is one update which takes care of both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to get Adobe to take over my computer and rename a .inf file or something and add "old" to the name so the program would take the manual update file.  Now all is well.  He did it really quick so I don't remember the extension or where the file was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines