• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DIAGONAL TRANSFORMATION BOUNDINGBOX

Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rendering a site plan that has a bench view from the top. The bench is diagonally placed, inclined. I want to stretch it along its length but fail to do so as the bounding box is placed at 90 degrees. What should I do to rotate the bounding box itself so that I can stretch the bench along its length?TRANSFO.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

arjun2  wrote

davescm

I did it this way only before posting it here. . I was hoping that there was any other efficient method that saved time. Rotating object to be straightly aligned and then back loses the original precision. I had to measure the original angle in the CAD software to do the precise rotation.

How did you export this from the CAD program?  And what CAD software are you using?  I'm thinking that if you can keep it as a vector object, then there wouldn't be any degradation.

Another p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

At the start of a transformation, the bounding box will always be square to the canvas.

So you will need to rotate to align the object - then accept the transformation.

Then stretch ( this will have a new bounding box), accept again.

Then rotate back.
Note - you can move the centre of rotation to the centre of the object rather than the current bounds - just drag the circle

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hi

At the start of a transformation, the bounding box will always be square to the canvas.

So you will need to rotate to align the object - then accept the transformation.

Then stretch ( this will have a new bounding box), accept again.

Then rotate back.
Note - you can move the centre of rotation to the centre of the object rather than the current bounds - just drag the circle

Dave

I did it this way only before posting it here. . I was hoping that there was any other efficient method that saved time. Rotating object to be straightly aligned and then back loses the original precision. I had to measure the original angle in the CAD software to do the precise rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

arjun2  wrote

davescm

How did you export this from the CAD program?  And what CAD software are you using?  I'm thinking that if you can keep it as a vector object, then there wouldn't be any degradation.

Another point is that if you make the layer(s) a Smart Object when they are perpendicular to the screen

Then the transform bounding box will remain square to the object after rotating it.  Apart from making further transforms much easier, it will also allow you to stretch the object's aspect ratio while rotated, like this

And if it was a vector object, which it will be in the CAD program, it will be infinitely scalable with no loss of image quality.  It might need to go via Illustrator, or even remain in Illustrator, but that depends on the CAD program and what edits you were looking to do with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines