• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with Hollywood dreamy look effect.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Adobe Premiere 15 (Hollywood Effects Dreamy Freezing Premiere)

Almost every time I try to apply the dreamy effect the system freezes up. Seems to only happen on the effect. I am using Expect mode and I am rendering my video prior to applying the effect. And I do have the latest drives.

Your help is greatly appreciated as this is the most important effect for my work.

I found this link but there never was a final answer!

Windows 10 Adobe Premiere 15 (Hollywood Effects Dreamy Freezing Premiere)  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What processor do you have and with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the resolution and frame rate of the video?

If you look under the program's Edit menu, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

It is not my computer or Ram, I have plenty of space. I don't understand why just one of the effects out of so many others doesn't work. Seems like a premier problem.

The second I even click on the dreamy effect the system freezes. I don't even get to where it allows me to drop it onto a clip.

I am working out of a DSLR camera but again I have no issue with any other effects or commands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Add your Dreamy effect to your clip with absolutely no other editing. Then Export & Share you dreamy clip. Reload that saved file (get rid of the original) and continue your edit from there.

default.jpeg

Default (no effects)

dreamy.jpeg

Dreamy Effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Willie,

Unfortunitly -

The second I even click on the dreamy effect the system freezes. I don't even get to where it allows me to drop it onto a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact problem with Hollywood effect. As soon as I try to drag it onto a frame, the cursor turns into a clock or timer and everything freezes. I will have to re-start Premiere Elements 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines