• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5D MKIV and Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 5D MKIV is a major release from Canon. I was shocked to hear so many complaints at the current Photography Show about Lightroom still not being properly ready for this, despite a September 2016 release. How much longer will we have to wait, or do we start to look at alternatives to Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

alanb58899278  wrote

The Canon 5D MKIV is a major release from Canon. I was shocked to hear so many complaints at the current Photography Show about Lightroom still not being properly ready for this, despite a September 2016 release.

What do you mean by properly ready?

The 5D Mark IV was first supported in Lightroom 6.7 (CC 2015.7) released Sep 20, 2016.

Dual pixel Raw support is limited in Lightroom. That's the same for Capture One.

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alanb58899278  wrote

The Canon 5D MKIV is a major release from Canon. I was shocked to hear so many complaints at the current Photography Show about Lightroom still not being properly ready for this, despite a September 2016 release.

What do you mean by properly ready?

The 5D Mark IV was first supported in Lightroom 6.7 (CC 2015.7) released Sep 20, 2016.

Dual pixel Raw support is limited in Lightroom. That's the same for Capture One.

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for your interest in my question. I would rather have posed this question directly to Adobe, (I did at the show but they didn’t have an answer) but it seems that the preferred route is to use Forums such as this instead. Yes I do mean the lack of dual pixel raw adjustments. Canon’s recommendation to me is to use their DPP software to make such adjustments then export to LR as a TIFF; this seems to miss the point of using Lightroom in my view.
6 months ago Adobe indicated such support was coming and no news I could find out from Adobe representatives or online.
I am very disappointing that neither Lightroom nor Capture One are seemingly up to speed on this. This is not directed at them any more than Canon.

If anyone has any news on such a release that would be much appreciated. That is all that I am asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your me-too vote and follow this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom/Camera Raw: Canon Dual Pixel RAW Support | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (This forum is primarily user-to-user.)  You'll be  immediately notified of any changes in the status of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From Adobe's side, the answer will be simple: Is there a market supporting special features from a specific camera maker?

(I was searching the Internet for news on this subject!).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines