• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't import raw images from Canon ds R.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my assistants for weddings just got a Canon ds R.  The raw files are HUGE.  I have Lightroom CC and it is updated.  What do I need to do to import these raw images into my Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Axel+Matt  wrote

As dj_page said, the Canon 5DS R is supported by Lightroom 6 or 2015CC.

You have LR 5.7.1. This is the latest version of Lightroom 5. You'll get no free updates anymore.

you have to pay for an update to Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC.

Or you can use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter to convert your RAW to DNG  and then import the DNG into LR 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Canon 5DS R? If so, that is supported by Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC 2015 or later.

Please state the exact version number of your Lightroom (go the Help->System Info). If you have the proper version of Lightroom, you shouldn't have to do anything special to import the photos into LR.

If you have version 6.0/CC 2015 or later and it's not working, then please explain in a lot more detail what happens when "Lightroom CC won't import raw images", and quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import.....images says "preview unavailable for this file"  Then when I import......it says "files not recognized by raw format support in LR (326).  Tells me to check for updates and then it tells me I have all updates.

Version 5.7.1  994254

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have LR 5.7.1. This is the latest version of Lightroom 5. You'll get no free updates anymore.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Axel+Matt  wrote

Or you can use the FREE Adobe DNG Converter to convert your RAW to DNG  and then import the DNG into LR 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines