• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols not available cross projects

Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add an element as a symbol it's not available when I open another Xd project file. The symbol section is empty. Isn't the main purpose behind symbols to be able to reuse it in all projects? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

This feature hasn't been implemented yet, but is something that is under active development right now. Symbols as they are right now can be defined as document symbols.

Upvote this story to get notified as to when it's available:

Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Reques…

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you following the procedure for symbols as described in this help article?

How to create, update, and break symbols in Adobe XD

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. When I open other Xd project files the symbol is gone. I have closed the app and opened it again, I have even rebooted the system (W10). I have deleted the symbol and run the process over again, still with no progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This feature hasn't been implemented yet, but is something that is under active development right now. Symbols as they are right now can be defined as document symbols.

Upvote this story to get notified as to when it's available:

Creative Cloud Library Support (share symbols/assets across multiple files or team) – Adobe XD Feedb...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines