• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS3 in trial mode

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Dreamweaver CS3 displays a windows telling me that the program will stop working in a day or two because there is something wrong with it or it is not activated, (which is not correct).

I am fully aware that it is an out-of-date version and may not work correctly with Windows 10, or not work with relevant servers. As the legal owner of the program, is up to me to accept that situation, not Adobe's.

During last year I was provided by Adobe with a downloaded copy and updated version of Dreamweaver and two activation numbers, which I believe proves that Adobe consider me to be a genuine customer.

To stop me using my purchased copy of Dreamweaver, which was fully paid for, amounts to robbery. It is not up to Adobe to decide if I should use my copy of Dreamweaver and the fact is that it is my property to do with as I wish, and continuing to stop me using this program, could lead to legal action.

As an afterthought, I would add that I use Dreamweaver for creating reference web sites and not for business purposes, so there is no possibility of obtaining a new copy on monthly purchasing system.

John Sumner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

John Sumner I am sorry that you are facing difficulty utilizing Dreamweaver CS3 and that it is currently in trial mode.  What happens when you choose the option to enter your registered Dreamweaver CS3 for Windows serial number?  For details on how to locate your registered serial number see Find your serial number​.

I am showing that the Dreamweaver CS3 for Windows serial number still has activations remaining.  For details regarding the activation process please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have already replied to your forum post here Why can't I use my copy of Dreamweaver.

Did you try contacting support? Nancy's solution, in that post, is the best possible answer that can be provided on this forum.

I am moving your post to the download and install forum to see if the experts here have other solutions that we have not covered already on the Dreamweaver forum.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Sumner I am sorry that you are facing difficulty utilizing Dreamweaver CS3 and that it is currently in trial mode.  What happens when you choose the option to enter your registered Dreamweaver CS3 for Windows serial number?  For details on how to locate your registered serial number see Find your serial number​.

I am showing that the Dreamweaver CS3 for Windows serial number still has activations remaining.  For details regarding the activation process please see Activate and deactivate Adobe products​.  If you are unable to reach the activation server then I would recommend following the steps listed in Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications to resolve the connection failure between the computer and the activation server.

If you continue to encounter errors then can you please post a screen shot of the error you are receiving?  For details on how to post a screen shot John see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .  Please be aware that this is a public forum so make sure that any screen shots posted do not contain your e-mail address of Dreamweaver CS3 serial number.

Finally, while reviewing your serial number for Dreamweaver CS3 it appears you purchased an education version.  The installation files for education versions were often different than the retail files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products. If you need to reinstall Dreamweaver CS3, and you receive a message that the serial number is invalid, then please locate the original installation files, provided on CD, with your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, however I don't understand any of it. My copy of

Dreamweaver is still working as well as required - I'm having no

problems despite the original files being dated 2007.

I'm not aware it's a trail mode, cloud was not even thought of then. It

didn't have a serial number, they were referred to as reference numbers.

While I appreciate the forum, it is only talk and suggestions, and what

I need is action straight away. So what I need is the programmer who is

going to 'close' the program, for him to reverse his decision. That's

all. To my mind that all.

Why do Adobe make things so complicated?

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry John Sumner but I do not understand.  Are you looking for an update to be made to Dreamweaver CS3 to improve the compatibility with Windows 10?

If so then I would recommend evaluating Dreamweaver CC 2017.  Dreamweaver CS3 was the 9.0 version of Dreamweaver to be released.  Dreamweaver CC 2017 is version 17.0 and is compatible with modern Operating system releases.  If you wish to maximize compatibility with Dreamweaver CS3 then please run an operating system from 2007 when Dreamweaver CS3 was made available for purchase.  You can find details regarding the system recommendations to utilize Dreamweaver CS3 at Dreamweaver system requirements​.

For details on Dreamweaver CC 2017, including a seven day trial period, see Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CC | Download HTML responsive web design software free trial.​.

If this is not your question then can you please restate what changes you are looking to be implemented to Dreamweaver CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,. All I want is to use the program I originally bought, and not

have it 'taken away from me'.

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John please review post #2 for details on how you can view your license for Dreamweaver CS3 under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.

If you have any additional questions you are welcome to update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Why should I go to the trouble of finding my licenses when they have

provided me with 2 licenses last year. They have all my details on

record and all I want is for them to remove the threatened block on my

purchased copy. Adobe has a record as acting like 'Big Brother' and

this is a case that proves it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry John but I still do not understand what block you are referring too.  Can you post a screen shot of the error?

I reviewed the copy of Dreamweaver CS3 under your account, when I responded in post #2, and you have a valid license for Dreamweaver CS3 for Windows.  If you are facing difficulty utilizing Dreamweaver CS3 then can you please post the error message that is preventing Dreamweaver CS3's use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I attach the screen shot taken about 3 days. I'm loathe to open the

program now in case I loose it for good.

For someone who bought the product and activated it, and been given

activation codes by the company, the whole situation doesn't make sense.

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Sumner if you are no longer able to utilize Dreamweaver CS3 then I would recommend you begin by reinstalling the software.  There is no guarantees that it will function properly on Windows 10.  Windows 10 was not even conceived of when the last update for Dreamweaver CS3 was released.  You should still be able to install Dreamweaver CS3 and activate successfully as discussed in post #2 of this discussion.

For details on how to download and reinstall Dreamweaver CS3 see How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications .  As previously discussed since you have an educational license, for Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows, the installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products.​ may not work with with your serial number.  If you receive the error message that your serial number is invalid then please locate the original CDs provided with your purchase of Dreamweaver CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments. Today Adobe gave the impression the end of the

world had arrived, so I click on the Activate button thinking that if

all failed, I would try another program instead of Dreamweaver. Believe

it or not a series of message windows said it would search my Activate

numbers and account details and decided all was in order and that I

could continue using it. What a pity they didn't do that in the first

place and save all the hassle.

Thanks to all those Forum members who were put to so much trouble by

Adobe who could have been so much more helpful.

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update John I am happy to hear you were able to activate Dreamweaver CS3 successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

I can't answer you on how Adobe can block the program from working.

Anyway the program is working as well as expected, and better than most

people told me it would work considering it's age, so at this stage

there is no need to consider reinstalling.

Thanks for your help.

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not looking for anything other than to be able to use the copy I

originally bought. I don't want to update because I simple can't afford

it. Currently Adobe are robing me of something I purchased by making it

useless. This would not happen with anything you would buy in any other

shop.

John Sumner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines