Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File.read() > Target engine is busy

People's Champ ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Trying to load a XML object out of a XML File. That's something I make every day for the past 8 years without a hitch. But of course on my client computer, the operation just fails. It seems that any attempt I make at touching the file will lead to InDesign Script Engine to fly towards the stratosphere (File.read() for exemple).

Then the script quits but the script engine stays up and running. Without surprises, next time I run a script I get an error = "Script engine is busy".

On mac it's fully functional but fails on Windows 😕

Has any one of you faced that already ?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. It seems Windows Defender kept his hands onto the file preventing the script from a correct execution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Loïc on Windows many problems come from the FireWall, anti virus and the windows defender. It's the source of the Problem manytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Windows Defender would claim after my script. It was just an algoritm who would encrypt one's personal data and ask him nicely to send a few bucks in exchange of the decryption.

very sensitive to say the least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The wonderful world of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines