• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Tutorial Player iPad app and Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gives the option to install the Tutorial Player iPad app on your iPad to be able to communicate with your Photoshop on the laptop. Therefore, you have to do 'something' in Photoshop which I did and then ... through a link install the Adobe Tutorial Player from the (Apple) App Store and take it from there.

However, there is no such app in the App store!

Where and how can I find this app?

Luc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answering my question. This, however, does not solve my issue.

The issue is the commucatuon between Photoshop on my laptop and the Tutorial Player iPad app on my iPad.  Adobe has a Help page with a link to this app, but this is not available in the Dutch and US (Apple) App Store.

Who can help me getting this app in the way Adobe means ... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like that ipad app has been withdrawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that is also the idea I have. But in March 2017 Adobe mentions this in their Help sites and in Photoshop there is an option in which you can communicate with this app ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is best info available (that i can find), Install Adobe Tutorial Player.  but the links to the ipad app fail.

this is not uncommon for adobe.  their website is (what appears to me) a sprawling, difficult-to-control and illogical construct.

<personal rant>

for years adobe had a link to allow users to report bad links.  but that link was a bad link and adobe's solution (after i, and probably others, complained frequently) was to remove that link.

and then there's the adobe search feature...

</personal rant>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum, then I'd best call them somewhere tomorrow life and see what information they give me. I will come back tomorrow and, hopefully, with a real answer which helps me.

And maybe an Adobe staff member is reading and helping me through this forum ...

Thanks for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very good afternoon from the Netherlands,

Calling with the experts from Adobe (and I did talk to two different professionals) does not solve my issue. Their final advice was to wait untill Adobe experts following this conversation come up with an answer which works or to call the marketing department of the head office ...

I did make an effort to reach the marketing department and was very unhappy to find out that it is almost impossible to come intomcontact with them. This I find very special to say at least. My experience in leading an organisation with over 4,000 professionals that this is highly peculiar, to say at the least.

This seems thus a blind end. I am irritated and stupified and have no idea what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would google the specific help you're seeking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, Jeff, the Forum members might find a solution. Better though, you have access to the Adobe Tutorial Player iPad app through your professional contacts. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't in the App Store, stop looking, it isn't ANYWHERE. It doesn't exist (not any more). Apple's system is very simple: all apps come from the app store, you can't download them anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe you, but ... how can it be that Adobe still publishes this as a perfect solution for the communication between the iPad and the Photoshop program on my laptop? And isn't there someone who has this app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tests out and deletes new apps constantly and references are often left behind (the now disbanded team having nobody in charge of cleanup).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For such a professional company as Adobe is, this is quite disappointing and unprofessional. So, should I give up of what should I do? Someone will have this app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference if someone has the app, there is no way to share it. I did some searching. The app was launched in 2012 as a research project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last week I have been a little bit busy businesswise. Returning to this converstaion what you said is 'Dear Luc, forget about it?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this answer, because it feels like giving up. Let's hope that the Adobe professionals realise that this way of dealing with these kind of issues does not help seeing them as professionals ... thanks and all the best. Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is giving up. Give up. The world of software is transient and things quickly are forgotten and go away. Yes, it is horrible and irresponsible, I agree. But give up and find a different battle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines