• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Stopped Working AGAIN

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a student and use a Sony HDR FX1 camera among others. 

2 or so updates ago - the capture functionality went bad and wouldn't connect, and then they fixed it.

I haven't used this camera for some time, but do use it occasionally to pull old footage from tapes and some other shoots.

Regardless - the Capture is not functioning again with the previous update to today's 2017.1.2 update.

Choose file - Capture.  Connect camera and turn on - "Device not connected"

I need to get this to work and don't want the nightmare of going back 2 updates.

Help welcomed!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bf24053548,

I am sorry for this frustrating experience.

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps: Can't capture DV, HDV video in Premiere Pro

In which version of Premiere Pro you were able to capture without any trouble?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone through the suggestions in the troubleshooting steps without any success.

I am pretty certain it worked prior to the update which changed the placement of the titling panel (the last big update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it works - it has always worked well for me and it was nice not to have to pay for a feature which I should already have.  That said however, thank you for the suggestion to try to get me up and rolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bf24053548  wrote

it was nice not to have to pay for a feature which I should already have.

HDVSplit is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see a PC version - not Mac.  Are you aware of an alternate version; I was unable to find.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah did not say you are on a mac. Alas no mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied with feedback to your questions - do you have any further direction?  I have also put in a bug report without hearing any response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bf24053548,

I am sorry that you still experiencing this issue.

I replied with feedback to your questions - do you have any further direction?

You said that it (capturing) used to work with the previous version of Premiere Pro.

I would suggest you to install the previous version of PPro. FAQ: How do I reinstall a previous version of Premiere Pro?

I have also put in a bug report without hearing any response.

Thank you, for submitting a Bug Report for this. I don't think our Engineering team replies to every Bug report, but they definitely look into every Bug Report.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere has always been a bit of a pain when it comes to capturing tapes.

Use HDVSplit instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines