• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard "My Favorites" key causes Acrobat to crash.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keyboard (Microsoft) has a set of "My Favorites" keys that I can use to open folders or files with one touch.  If I press one of these keys while Acrobat is in focus, Acrobat will crash and show the "Adobe Acrobat has stopped working" splash screen.  I can switch focus to another application before pushing one of these keys to avoid the problem, but it is easy to forget.  This is a consistent problem.  My workstations runs Windows 10 64-bit and Acrobat X.  The hot-key for MS Calculator does not cause this problem.

Message was edited by: Mod to get back in the Queue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10. One of the areas where this incompatibility is likely to manifest itself is the integration of the application with the OS, like what you've described... If the same issue can be reproduced with Acrobat XI or DC then you could report it to Adobe as a bug, but as such it falls beyond the scope of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this in the Lounge, which is a forum for non-technical discussion. I'm moving the post to the Acrobat forum, so that you'll more likely get the help you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10. One of the areas where this incompatibility is likely to manifest itself is the integration of the application with the OS, like what you've described... If the same issue can be reproduced with Acrobat XI or DC then you could report it to Adobe as a bug, but as such it falls beyond the scope of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines