• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS3 launches, all others do not

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS3 on an external hard drive from an old computer that no longer works. I am trying to use Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign on my macbook running OS 10.7.5. Dreamweaver launches and appears to run fine. All other programs give  an error of "Licensing for this product has stopped working" etc.

Why would one program work and not the rest? And how do I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Lindsey Nagle Dreamweaver might be launching successfully for a variety of reasons.  Since your CS 3 applications was not installed properly I am not going to speculate on what is causing the current error.

You can find details on how to download and install a fresh copy of Creative Suite 3 at How to download, install, and activate Adobe applicationsā€‹.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lindsey Nagle did you install Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign CS3 on the MacBook running Mac OS 10.7.5 or are you still running them from the external drive?

If you have not installed the software then please do so and run the application from the Applications folder.

If you have installed the software then see Error: "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS for details on how to resolve the error that the licensing has stopped working.  This will only be applicable if a proper installation of Creative Suite 3 was performed on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both, Jeff and John. I am running them (well, DW only) from the hard drive I removed from my old computer. I have no idea where the original installation disk is. Sounds like I can't just connect the drive and still launch the programs. It's weird that DW still works, while the others don't.

Anyway, I will try downloading from adobe. I'll have to wait until I have a faster internet connection, though.

Anybody know why Dreamweaver works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lindsey Nagle Dreamweaver might be launching successfully for a variety of reasons.  Since your CS 3 applications was not installed properly I am not going to speculate on what is causing the current error.

You can find details on how to download and install a fresh copy of Creative Suite 3 at How to download, install, and activate Adobe applicationsā€‹.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must do a fresh install

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339

-and many help and download links https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html

-kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2296468 may help

-you will need to enter your original serial number during install for non-Cloud programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines