Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X Sierra Debugging

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Does anyone know of any issues with debugging CEP HTML extensions in OS X Sierra?

I can use the extension fine, all functions OK, but I constantly get "The Site Cannot Be Reached" in my chrome browser when trying to debug.

I am using 127.0.0.3:8877, and the debug file in the Extension folder is set with the same port number.

I have added the PlayerDebugMode with 1 set in the com.adobe.CSXS.7.plist Preference File.

I have been using this fine in all OS's up to Sierra (although I skipped El Capitan) So I am pretty familiar with setting these up.

Is any one else having a similar issue?

Cheers

Royston

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roy Marshall

I guess you in the wrong forum. The topics here are around Adobe InDesign Scripting.

kind regards

Daniel (from Switzerland)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel Sterchi​ You are right but the CS Extension developer forum isn't that active so we can forgive Roy for giving a try here

Roy Marshall​ Weird. Is Chrome up to date ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Loic.  Yes, chrome updated to the latest 59.0.3071.104 yesterday.

I think its something I may be doing wrong as I asked a colleague to try and he was OK.

I will check and reply back asap.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roy Marshall

did you created the debug file ?

Capture d’écran 2017-06-19 à 23.35.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I normally just copy a base extension structure and rename all element/files/and references in the duplicated one. The .debug file exists, with the correct package id, and port specified.

I am pretty sure its something I did wrong somewhere, so will create it again and see what happens.

Ill keep the post informed

Cheers Mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that somewhere along the way copying an old extension, from Yosemite, and using in Sierra caused an issue.

I did check the debug file was present, and with the correct port number, but for some reason, the OS had renamed the file from:

.debug to _debug,xml

Should have spotted that before, but now I renamed it its all good.

It may be just my environment that caused this, but worth knowing in case other users experience the same issue.

Thanks for the comments Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines