• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need a PRO to help me with an odd LR5.3 problem on a WIN 8 computer

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!  Well, Ive been at this problem for a week plus with a few "Gurus" to no avail, so here we go again!

A week or so ago, I went to Export some developed photos and the following message appeared, "The Lightroom Catalog named, "Lightroom 5 Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.  Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch."

Below that paragraph, there is a box with three choices, "Choose a different Catalog'"  "Continue"  & "Exit"

The past few folks told me to look for a file named, "LOCK in the files of my computer...well, it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

That is .Lock (DOT ( . ) lock) and it is in the same folder as the catalog file.

It has the same name as the catalog. so it would be Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat.lock. Search for and delete that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it.... What?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is .Lock (DOT ( . ) lock) and it is in the same folder as the catalog file.

It has the same name as the catalog. so it would be Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat.lock. Search for and delete that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

File name should be Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat.lock

When Lightroom opens a Catalog file it immediately creates a file with the same name as the Catalog file that is opened with an extension .lock (.LOCK)

This Lock file prevents any other user from accessing the same catalog file, and is automatically removed when you exit Lightroom normally. However if lightroom closes abnormally i.e. crash or power loss the .lock may remain alongside the catalog file preventing any further use. Deleting the .lock file should allow lightroom to reboot normally.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines