Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The last couple of days I have received this message when I tried to open a file on Photoshop. I use Version CS5.

The procedure entry point

?destroy@task_base@internal@interface5@tbb@@SAXAEAVtas

k@4@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library

C:\Program Files\Nikon\NEFCodec\NEFcodec.dll.

I have installed the latest version of the Nikon codec and I have restored my computer to a date prior to the latest 2 Windows 10 updates. I have also spent the last day on Google searching for an answer and as of yet have not come close.

Anyone out there with any ideas.

Thanks

Murray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murray,

Please follow the steps mentioned in this article and do a clean install of Photoshop and let us know if it helps Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

I just got home from a long vacation and am working thru things left hanging, like the above. I have downloaded some new pics off my Nikon and have not run into the problem. I can't figure it out that at all but it is good. As soon as I get these photos done I will go back to my archives and see if I get the message again. I did have my computer turned off for a month which may have helped but I don't see how. The other thing is a fix could have been made by our friends at Microsoft and their 'you have no choice but to accept our updates' may have addressed some glitch they applied on one of their earlier versions. I was also having problems with my mouse freezing and that seems to have disappeared as well. All I can say to that is thanks MS. If I get the message again I will try the clean install and let you know if it works.

Thanks for you note I have saved it and the clean install info.

Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again Sahil

I have just gone back into my archived RAW photos and I am not getting that message anymore. I have done nothing different so I will again attribute it to MS. It is the only thing I can think of and it is strange that my mouse stopped freezing in the same time period again I could not figure out what to do so I was just putting up with it.

Thanks again

Murray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to know that everything is working fine now Murray If you need any help for any queries feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines