• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending what seems hours trawling through forums to find the problem, I'm still at a loss.

I have Lightroom CC 2015 [1014445] and I can't update it to a newer version. I really need the Dehaze tool. I have tried looking for updates with Creative Cloud , it says there are none. I have then tried downloading the direct link version which said success but no change to the program. Ive restarted the program several times, signed in and out of CC. I definitely have a compatible computer with the 64bit processor.

I have another laptop and it has version CC 2015.8 I haven't tried to further update it as I prodomently work from the one having troubles.

Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Then I guess we aren't communicating because the 10.1 update is only 209 MB.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link where you can download the latest update. You will find it under Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6. The update is for BOTH Lightroom 6 and for Lightroom CC. You only need to download and install the most recent one which is 10.1.1. But you will probably find that the update will fail. And if that happens come back and we will explore the problems further. Here is the link:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that, the notice at installation said it was successful, however, the version remained at 2015. I'm re trying it now though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not uninstall your existing version of Lightroom, just download the update patch latest version LR 6.10.1/LR CC @2015.10.1  and run the install.

If you do uninstall, then you will have to reinstall the original application LR 6.0/ LR 2015.0 and then download and run the update patch LR 6.10.1/ LR 2015.10.1 which is the tatest update.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't uninstalled, I have heard that worked for others I was just hoping to not even try that.

Ive downloaded and ran the patch twice with the same results. I put up screen shots down the bottom. It says successful but the version stays the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It SHOULD be 2015, but it should be 2015.10.1. If you are expecting a Lightroom 2017, there isn't one. If you go to the help menu in Lightroom and click on About at the bottom of the menu, what version does it report that you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.15.16 PM.png I realise it will say CC 2015(then what ever version) Mine is straight 2015. Ive attached photos for clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I've done that twice now with the same results.Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.02.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.07.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing LR is always a two-step process:

- install the x.0 base version

- install the patch to the current update

Your screen shot shows you at the 2015.0 base version.

The current patch will put you at 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive ran the patch twice with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just for clarification purposes, did you go into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 on that website and click on the update download? You need to install that patch as well as install the program. The number that you installed is the initial installation of Lightroom CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I did, unfortunately. Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.15.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I guess we aren't communicating because the 10.1 update is only 209 MB.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh, thank you for your patience. I'm doing that now. I'm running on next to no sleep and my mind isn't as sharp as I'd like to think it usually is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys. This thread, in conjunction with another( Update failed. Updates have been supressed by the administrator ? How may I solve this? ) got me to the latest version of Lightroom. Appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines