• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost catalog after 2015.10.1 Lightroom upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom to 2015.10.1 and there are none of my old catalogs available. How do I get them back and why did it lose all of them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Lightroom Catalogs are database files. And just like database files from other programs, or Documents created by a Text editor, the data files are not deleted when you upgrade, or update, the program software.

You say- "none of my old catalogs available.."  What do you mean by this?

Have you done a global search of your operating system looking for files that have the file-type suffix of  [ .LRCAT ]?

Any  .LRCAT file is a catalog.

So let us know what you find after doing a search.

You can open any .LRCAT file by a Double-Click with the mouse, or a Right-Click and choose 'Open'. (in Windows OS)

If the LIghtroom program (which you updated) is opening without any images, on the main menu select- FILE > OPEN RECENT,  and tell us what you see.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say my files were gone I said the catalog (or at least it's contents as displayed in the navigator) were gone. By that I meant that there were no Folders displayed, despite me having 5 different hard drives and nearly one hundred directories with imported content. All the files are still there - that was never a worry. And the .lrcat file seemed to be undisturbed. But I couldn't see any of the folders, or even the Folder portion under Navigator. After quite a bit of sniffing around and comparing with an older (still not updated) version of a different computer it turns out this is just a head scratching change in Lightroom. Previously, the Folders portion of Navigator was visible whether you were in Library or Develop module. Maybe this is a preference setting I made at some point, or maybe not... Either way, it was how MY LR worked in the prior version. With this new version you only see the Folders drop-down section under Navigator when you are in Library module and not any longer when you are in Develop module. Why change that behavior? Again, maybe this is a setting I had made previously - to see the Folders when in Developer module. But if that's the case then why change any user preference with an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the menu / file / open recent /

and see if your old catalog is listed.

It sounds like LR created a new, empty catalog during the upgrade and opened that one instead of your old, full catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog is the same - it's the behavior of the Library and Develop Modules that has changed. I was in Develop Module and now you can't see Folders under Navigation when in Develop Module. You have to switch back to Library module to see the Folders. It's annoying....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot say I ever remember seeing a Folders panel in the Develop module. There is a Collections panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Library module. There is NO Folders panel section in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And BTW - File > Open Recent > opens the recent catalog -and because I was in Develop module the last time I was in LR it starts again in Develop module and doesn't show any Folders in the Navigator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has never been a 'Folders' panel in the Develop module.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines