Copied

I have 4 break points

768 fluid

960 fixed

1207 fixed

1480 fixed

The Master look like this:

Skjermbilde 2017-06-20 08.16.51.png

Why does the breakpoint start to the left of zero?

The pages looks like this:

Skjermbilde 2017-06-20 08.17.15.png

Why does the rectangle go outside? The resize are sat to responsive in W and H. I think also this is the reason why I can't upload the site with this page?

When I have both fluid and fixed breakpoint, how do I then resize the white rectangle?

I have tried to set W and H to none. Then a page look like this:

About none.png

When I make the Master shall I then sett the x to 0 for the white rectangle and then of cause adjust the rest of the content after that??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

You must take this as a truth, that nothing should ever be outside the canvas, even if you use those scrubbers.

So at 1480 everything must fit inside 1206.

Now it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 10.38.08.png

and it should look like this, so you have to resize at least your logo.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 10.41.27.png

I changed colour, though.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nilleg57851248 ​, Yes.

Could you set your white rectangle in header to fit to browser width?

Same to your footer?

Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The header yes, the footer no 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The breakpoint "starts to the left of zero", because this is no breakpoint. What you are seeing, is the representation of the browser background.

Your widest breakpoint is positioned at 1206 px!

You confused the position of the scrubber with maximal page width.

To make this very clear, do the following:

• Make sure, that nothing on your page is selected.

• Go to "Fill" in the upper control strip and choose a colour.

• Now, your page is coloured and clearly visible.

You now can see, that you have placed your elements outside the page/breakpoint boundaries. If you correct this, the issues, you are facing, will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Yes I see that, But why is the breakpoint at 1480 not included?

I see when I goes to the different fixed breakpoint the page width adjust to the smaller breakpoint. Only the fluid 768 match the with? Why? And how do I include breakpoint 1480?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I told you: The breakpoint, you talk about is no "real" breakpoint! You never defined it! It simply represents the browser background. To create a breakpoint at 1480 px drag the edge of the breakpoint bar to the right/left, right click onto the breakpoint bar, choose "Add Breakpoint" and define it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that, Is has been there all the time 🙂 ??

Skjermbilde 2017-06-20 10.31.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must take this as a truth, that nothing should ever be outside the canvas, even if you use those scrubbers.

So at 1480 everything must fit inside 1206.

Now it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 10.38.08.png

and it should look like this, so you have to resize at least your logo.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 10.41.27.png

I changed colour, though.

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "yes", what "no"?

Could you be a little bit more precise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that was answer to Fotoroeder's comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also help yourself if you "show guides" . This helps a lot to understand behavior between breakpoints and what breakpoints are, as Guenter already mentioned (and what we discussed in earlier threads to the same topic ).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-20 um 10.27.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a short look at your .muse file. Would take for hours to correct it. Therefore just try it by yourself:

• You have wildly mixed up fixed and fluid breakpoint on master and layout page.

• Elements are overlapping your breakpoint boundaries.

Again one annotation to your widest breakpoint (what isn’t a breakpoint): Muse handles this like a breakpoint in some respect, but it isn’t one. Did you ever define a breakpoint at this width? I bet no! If you had created it, there would be one more "breakpoint" at a wider position to represent the browser background. Simply try it by creating a new fixed width site!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nilleg57851248​, even better and much faster, provide a simple .muse form your master. No additional pages and we could talk about what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About​  Watch this properly. I added the guides as mentioned above.

I ordered your elements (watch layers panel) some elements were in your footer layer (WHAT? )

I hided this blank rectangle in every breakpoint (no reason - feel free to show it again with some content).

Don`t be too optimistic, you still have a lot to do by yourself. Your menu gets from round to elliptic somehow, same the logo,

I didn`t change the logo, better paste it as a single element in header and footer.

Why did you cut that marvellous g in your name?

I set fixed width breakpoints as in your master, although this is not a must at all, it makes it easier for you at the moment to check, I guess.

WHO AM I, … as I wrote, there´s a lot to do, change this position as well to your needs in every breakpoint.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Now I finally got you!

I do now understand that if a breakpoint goes from 900 to 1200 the content must be max 900. Not 1200!

And that is of cause logical too.

- work to do...

Thank you both for all you help 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what we were saying all the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines