• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to open a custom window in selector 'PF_Cmd_DO_DIALOG'?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using the After effect SDK to develop a video effect plugin (both for Premiere and AE) and I'd like to open a custom window when the user clicks on Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 11.41.19.png (during PF_Cmd_DO_DIALOG selector and typically to allow the user entering its activation keys).

After searching the forum it seems that the best way is using JavaScript by installing the Premiere Pro/After Effect SDK for panel scripting. I'd like to know if this is the best way to do that or is there an easier way?

Thx for your help!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when you're creating an effect this will (at first) appear in the effects pane and not an invididual panel. Of course you can then have a "button" which will launch a separate UI. My guess is this is more straightforward to implement with the C++ SDK, not using JavaScript and HTML5. To my knowledge the latter don't have any direct interfaces to the effects pane, so you'd be stuck quite soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Erik's right, if you're writing an effect plug-in in C++, just put the dialog in C++. The Checkout sample responds to PF_Cmd_DO_DIALOG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines