Lightroom 2015 CC is very slow on good PC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SYSTEM SPECS:

• Ryzen 7 1700 3.0 GHZ
  • 16GB Performance RAM in dual channel mode at 3000MHz
  • Radeon RX 460 2GB(updated graphics drivers regularly and disable GPU acceleration in LR)
  • SSD's + HDD
  • Windows 10
  • All drivers update

The program works very slowly in the "develop" mode, the image can read about 5-10 seconds and doesn't even help with 1: 1 previews. Additionally, the LR can jam for a few seconds and it has to restore it so that it can reasonably work. The longer a program is running, the slower it is.

To name just a few off the top of my head: I've tried running LR with GPU acceleration enabled or disabled, no difference (although GPU is confirmed to be supported). I have 20GB of cache, didn't seem to matter. LR Software, cache, are on a prosumer-grade SSD with plenty of extra space.I have seen tons of forum posts with users having the same issue as me despite many having similar to higher-spec PC's. My co-worker uses Lightroom 5 on an outdated PC, and it runs much better than it does on my modern system with modern software. I don't get it? Is there something I'm missing here?I really don't want to be another one of those people who talk smack and say that Adobe doesn't care to streamline & optimize due to lack of competition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

You could have been hit by the fact that LR can have issues with more than 4 cores.

AFAIK, Adobe is aware of this and is working on an improvement. If you think about asking when this will be ... nobody knows.

There are ways to limit LR to 4 cores and that may improve your performance. I don't have the link on hand ... search this forum for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have been hit by the fact that LR can have issues with more than 4 cores.

AFAIK, Adobe is aware of this and is working on an improvement. If you think about asking when this will be ... nobody knows.

There are ways to limit LR to 4 cores and that may improve your performance. I don't have the link on hand ... search this forum for it.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size (in pixels, not inches or centimeters) is your monitor?

What size (in pixels, not megabytes) are your photos?

Are you doing lots of brushing and/or spot healing on photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F.McLion thanks.

It's good to know that program is useless and at time of multihreading ADOBE still cannot use it in favor of user

Monitor: Eizo resolution:1920:1200

Size photo: 6000:4000

I use brushing and "or spot healing on photos"  i don't know this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given your answers, I think McLion is on the right track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ehhhh thanks Adobe go work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines