• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound not working on ipad

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Audio is not playing on IPAD but working fine on android and browsers, it is playing after touching the screen, i changed allowDefault to true, but it is also not working, i refered the comment 3 from following link https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1375546

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

I believe iOS will NEVER play audio in the browser unless some user action initiates it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have  ......  why it is not working in ipad ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the link you posted or read message 2 or if you want apple to change how ios handles apps, write to apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari HTML5 Audio and Video Guide - iOS-Specific Considerations

In Safari on iOS (for all devices, including iPad), where the user may be on a cellular network and be charged per data unit, preload and autoplay are disabled. No data is loaded until the user initiates it. This means the JavaScript play() and load() methods are also inactive until the user initiates playback, unless the play() or load() method is triggered by user action. In other words, a user-initiated Play button works, but an onLoad="play()" event does not.

This plays the movie: <input type="button" value="Play" onclick= "document.myMovie.play()">

This does nothing on iOS: <body onload="document.myMovie.play()">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I need solution with out any button click(user interaction).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't one. This is an intentional limitation. There's no way to work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe iOS will NEVER play audio in the browser unless some user action initiates it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines