• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Cache Files Storage Problem

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running out of storage on my macbook frequently, and according to omnidisksweeper, AE media cache files are taking up about 18 GB of my disc space.

According to other threads the way to clear these files would be to select "empty disk cache...," however it's greyed out for me.

11gb.png

Are there any other ways to clear these files/fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there's the way that it ought to be done -- In After Effects and not the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some other caches from other applications are also created in the directory. The cache for After Effects seems empty. But the others still remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this button.

0clean.jpg

See if that reclaims any disk space.

Also, geez, only 11 GB for AE's cache? I would seriously look into seeing what you can move off of your MacBook so that you can make room for a larger cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines