• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding cross reference with additional language

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a user manual in both English and Spanish. I have added styles to Spanish version so that all the content is being spell-checked in Spanish.

I am now adding cross references within the text of the book and want to add them with the "Full name and page number" option in the cross references menu.

Does anyone know how I can automate the words 'on page' into another language from the cross references menu? I'm sure it might have something to do with character or paragraphs styles but thought I'd ask here in case someone else has already puzzled this out

Thanks!

Abbey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

So you now need two X-ref formats: one in English and one in Spanish? Select Define Cross-Reference Formats from the X-Ref panel menu. You can change the wording of an existing format, or use the + button to add a new one and then edit it.

InDesign CCss_002.pngInDesign CCss_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you now need two X-ref formats: one in English and one in Spanish? Select Define Cross-Reference Formats from the X-Ref panel menu. You can change the wording of an existing format, or use the + button to add a new one and then edit it.

InDesign CCss_002.pngInDesign CCss_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Barb! Of COURSE! That makes sense ... Perfect! Works like a charm...

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines