• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk recording does not seem to work for swapping of walk-modes…

Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…or am I missing out on s.th.?

When I tried to record a scene with a puppet with a walk behaviour, I could not record different walk modes.

This is what happened:

1.) I recorded a scene and used different walk modes on the recorded puppet.

2.) When I play that recorded scene only the last walk mode I had used would appear on the whole scene.

3.) Then I tried recording only one walk mode at a time.

4.) When I played the recording, though, again only the last walk mode I used would be shown.

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand the new behaviour.

In either case:

Is there a way to record (and FIX or CHANGE) different walk modes (i.e. walk, run, etc.) within a recording/a scene/a puppet's timeline?

(I imagine I could use the same puppet again and again for each walk mode but that is obviously not a very good solution…)

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

It's a little complicated but you'll need to arm and record "start" as well, and "keyboard input" if you're using the arrow keys. Without those, CH isn't sure when to start/switch.

So here I recorded a start: immediately and style:walk, then two more takes with style:prance and style:run, and it worked.

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 9.00.09 AM.png

Not the most intuitive way to do things, agreed - but this should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I noticed under the "Walk " properties, you need to check if the recording button is active/armed (red). Otherwise if not active/armedstyle-armed.jpg, it records  nothing and on playback seems to just play whatever default setting you have whether its a run , walk ..etc. I am not sure if its what you were asking but I am sure Oksamurai will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure.

Thing is, for example, once I HAVE already made a recording, when I play it back, the walk behaviour shows whatever mode is active then, not the one(s) that were while I was recording.

It seems an error to me, but I'm not sure, that's why I posted this here and not in the Bugfix dept. of the forum…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it might have s.th. to do with my issue anyway, so thank you for that input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little complicated but you'll need to arm and record "start" as well, and "keyboard input" if you're using the arrow keys. Without those, CH isn't sure when to start/switch.

So here I recorded a start: immediately and style:walk, then two more takes with style:prance and style:run, and it worked.

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 9.00.09 AM.png

Not the most intuitive way to do things, agreed - but this should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A solution is a solution is a solution. Thank you so much for all of this lightning quick always helpful support!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines