Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make sure my new catalog is in order?

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a correpted catalog as outlined here:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9654510#access_token=eyJ4NXUiOiJpbXNfbmExLWtleS0xLmNlciIsImFsZyI6Il...

I am now running smooth, but want to make sure I have my duck in order.

I created a new catalog, imported from a previous catalog and started using my local drive to store the catalog instead of dropbox. All this was done with adobe service support, so no I just want to make triple sure a few things.

My catalog is in the right place

Remove unused catalog files

Backup is happening

Thanks,

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

It really doesn't matter where your catalog is located, as long as it is on an internal disk or external disk (but not on a network drive or in "the cloud")

You can use your operating system to remove unwanted catalog files, their names all end with .LRCAT

Turn on the option in LR to make regular backups. It's under Catalog Settings. Backups must be stored on a different disk than the originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what are you asking? We don't know where you are storing your catalog other than it apparently is on your internal hard drive. We don't know if you still have the corrupted catalog and what its name is. We don't know where you are storing your backup catalogs and how you have that configured. So how do you expect us to know if you have your ducks in order?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It really doesn't matter where your catalog is located, as long as it is on an internal disk or external disk (but not on a network drive or in "the cloud")

You can use your operating system to remove unwanted catalog files, their names all end with .LRCAT

Turn on the option in LR to make regular backups. It's under Catalog Settings. Backups must be stored on a different disk than the originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines