• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF to TIF file name extension

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue when converting any PDF to TIF.  Adobe Acroba X Pro is adding a "_Page" to the file name at the very end.  How can I remove this filename extension that it automatically adds when converting to TIF?

Thank you

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see any way around this. If you convert a multipage PDF to the TIFF format you will get one TIFF file for each page of the PDF and "_PAGE_#"   where "#" the number of the page from the PDF. Unlike the JPEG format the TIFF format only allows one image per file, sort of like an image taken by a camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for the record: it is the TIFF format that allows for multiple pages (though not necessarily widely supported, and typically only used in office or similar environments where paper documents are scanned). To the best of my knowledge, JPEG is a single image format and does not allow for multpile 'pages' inside the same JPEG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines