• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from LR

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me how to export a edited photo so that I can print it in a certain size, let's say 11x14, without having to crop the shot to do this?

I am shooting with a Canon 5dmkii so the resolution shouldn't be a problem. I just cannot figure out how to export the shots properly!

Thanks in Advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

11 x 14" prints will require some cropping. So the best thing to do would be to crop the image in Lightroom first and then export the cropped image without doing any resizing. You should still have plenty of pixels remaining to support that size. By cropping in Lightroom, you can ensure that you include everything and compose the image to your satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 x 14" prints will require some cropping. So the best thing to do would be to crop the image in Lightroom first and then export the cropped image without doing any resizing. You should still have plenty of pixels remaining to support that size. By cropping in Lightroom, you can ensure that you include everything and compose the image to your satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can choose a template in the Print module and in the print job tab, change from Printer to jpeg file and export. But you will get white borders as the original (Canon) aspect ratio is probably 3:2. Otherwise export at 11 X 16.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ginys  wrote

Can someone tell me how to export a edited photo so that I can print it in a certain size, let's say 11x14, without having to crop the shot to do this?

Logically, the only way to get 11x14 is to crop, or to leave white space on the print. This has nothing to do with Lightroom itself, this is just plain physics.

So it's not clear what you are doing, whether or not white space on the print is acceptable, or why you are opposed to cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines