• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maps going offline every few seconds

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only started today.  It's not a network issue - it occurred at work (a pipe that can do 800Mb down and up) and is occurring at home (regular cable connection).

When I try to go to maps, I see the map... but after a few seconds it goes offline.  But only for a couple seconds.  Then it comes back.  Then it goes offline, and back, etc.

I can get the job done, but it's really annoying waiting every few seconds before I can do it.

Anyone else having this problem or know a solution?

Most recent update of Lightroom.  Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add - I have uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom.  Still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It used to work until 2 days ago... can't do any geotagging at the moment. Map module behaves strangely and keeps displaying "Map Is Offline". Very frustrating as I set apart a few hours today to geotag photos from the last holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem on a Win 10 machine.

It worked fine until last week.

Lightroom and Win 10 are updated to their latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. 2015.10.1.

Mac OS 10.12.5

I tried reinstalling, trashing the preferences etc. The map module begins to work, then says 'map is offline' for a second, then map comes up. It shows the map until you move the map at all. Then is says 'map is offline' for a second again. Then shows the map. After a few moves of the map it dies and locks up.

The map module is unusable. All other internet services run fine. Just this.

As you say, since about two days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

The map module begins to work, then says 'map is offline' for a second, then map comes up. It shows the map until you move the map at all. Then is says 'map is offline' for a second again. Then shows the map. After a few moves of the map it dies and locks up.

The map module is unusable. All other internet services run fine. Just this."

Ditto for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked again this morning... but alas, the issue persists... have contacted Adobe Helpdesk... they were friendly but essentially clueless ("could it be an issue with Google servers?" - "yes"). But importantly, they promised to look into it again 24 hours later, i.e. today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't add value other than "me too". Most of my geotagging is done with a track log from a GPS and that all gets assigned correctly so I'm not impacted too much. But for individual photos this is really frustrating, and a new problem. It's not my internet connection. I wonder if Apple Maps is getting DDos'd or simply doesn't have enough capacity for some new release of clients on other platforms that are causing a higher volume of traffic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mobycat100  wrote

This only started today.  It's not a network issue - it occurred at work (a pipe that can do 800Mb down and up) and is occurring at home (regular cable connection).

When I try to go to maps, I see the map... but after a few seconds it goes offline.  But only for a couple seconds.  Then it comes back.  Then it goes offline, and back, etc.

There was a report of this behavior five years ago: LR 4.2 intermittent "map is offline" messages | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I suggest posting a new 'Problem' report at the Photoshop Family forum, which is monitored by Adobe staff:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Please post a link to your report in a reply here so others can add there 'Me To' vote. This helps to get Adobe's attention. Make sure to provide full details as to OS version, LR version, behavior, and when it was first noticed. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after update to v. 2015.10.1 yesterday (June 16 2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be already mentioned there.  Here's the thread:

map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Super-fast connection. Super-fast machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issue here as well only since the recent update of Lightroom.

How long is this going to take to be resolved dam annoying .......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess all we can do is keep the thread alive in the hope that it gets seen. As has been pointed out, this topic appears elsewhere too. but I can't see any answers 😕

( could it be that adobe are working on an upgrade to the lovely imagery you see when using google maps directly, instead of a seemingly ancient version ? ... ... ) yeah, I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now since Adobe does not seem to pay attention, I'd like to share a detail from my conversion with Mr Singh from Abobe helpdesk. Apart from the "yes, it could be Google" proposal he also suggested several times that "it seems to be a proxy error to me" and that I should contact my ISP for assistance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here too.

W10 Home

Lightroom version: 6.10.1 Retail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Lightroom CC 2015.7 CR 9.7. I had also 2 or 3 off-line flashes.

The off-line flashes are consistent when changing the location, even small ones using the hand-tool.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it will be fixed? Map module is unusable!...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is primarily user-to-user, and Adobe product developers are rarely seen here. Make sure you add your me-too vote and follow the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Communi... .  Then you'll be notified as soon as the status of the bug changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder. Have added a "me too" in the basket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the map module every day and have for years.

This annoying "go offline, go black, wait" happens everytime you zoom or pan.

It has nothing to do with network connection and it happens on both my computers.

To day it is the 10th of july and still no fix for this annoying bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Win 10 and LR CC both up to date. All other internet connectivity, including google maps, working properly. Every time I zoom or pan in the maps module, it locks up and goes off-line for 5-10 seconds.  It's been happening about a month now. Very frustrating for the workflow.

Clearly this is an Adobe problem, not our systems... hope they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fix for this issue will be available soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines