• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Sound After Windows 10 Update

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a Windows 10 update, and now I cannot get any sound out of my video projects. I did not have this problem before the updates. I use Premiere Elements 15. Some help please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that your computer plays no sound from any videos no matter what program you use or are you saying that only Premiere Elements plays without sound even though you see waveforms on the audio tracks? That's a world of difference.

Have you reinstalled Premiere Elements since your OS upgrade?

Have you gone to audio hardware settings in the Preferences (under the Premiere Elements' Edit menu) and played with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same problem. Movie files works just fine in playback, but when importing them to Premiere Elements 15 and start to edit there is no sound.

Does reinstalling make all premiers work-in-progress (previous edits that have not yet completed) files inuseable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled, rebooted my Computer and re-installed Premiere Elements 15. Still the same problem occours.

Video works, but not the sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you've changed your hardware settings, as I suggested above?

Can you post a screen shot of your Audio Hardware settings page in the program's preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is causing your problems, Ryan -- or even if your problems are caused by the same issue Aaron is experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have PrE 15 and have had recent Win 10 update (from Win 10) and have the same problem. Have tried everything from various forums without any success.  Basically, no sound in editor playback, whether from original soundtrack or added music. This happens for both old projects as well as new ones. No sound problems with any other apps (eg same video previously output by PrE 15 to MP4 plays with sound in other app).

Edit / Preferences / Audio Output Mapping shows Realtech High Definition Speakers not working.

STOP PRESS: have just rolled-back Realtek driver to previous version and sound seems OK, and Edit / Preferences / Audio Output Mapping shows Realtek High Definition Speakers now shows working.

Rollback achieved by: Device Manager / Sound Video Game Controllers / Realtek High Definition Audio

Right-click: Properties / Driver (tab) / Roll back driver.

Reboot.

(Sound still does not always seem to come out until go into Edit / Preferences / Audio Output Mapping and back out again - without changing anything)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above, PrE 15 sound seems to be reliably working now. The Realtek audio driver version which works is: 6.0.1.7544 (24/06/2015), and this is still available for download from various sites, including Dell.

My system is a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop (June 2015), Win 10 Home (64-bit), v 1703, build 15063.332

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aaron-friedman@att.net,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I understand you are facing issue with audio after updating your Windows 10 OS.

Could you please follow the steps below:

Firstly

- Open Adobe Premiere Elements

- Click "Edit"

- Click "Preferences"

- Click "Audio Hardware"

- Check whether your audio output hardware are perfectly selected or not.

PRE_Audio_Hardware_Preferences.PNG

Secondly,

- Please check Volume Mixer of your Windows 10 by

- right click Volume Option

- click "Open Volume Mixer"

- Check whether "Adobe Premiere Element's" section is mute or not.

- Try to play a project in Adobe Premiere Elements & observer whether you see the blue color audio visual bar moving or not

Volume_Mixer.PNG

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the rollout of the "Windows 10 Creators" update may cause a problem.  My use of Premier Elements 15 has been very stable with no issues for months.   This morning, my ASUS laptop computer did the update this morning.  It is much bigger and takes a lot longer than the usual monthly updates. 

Checking Premier Elements 15, I found it was silent.  Using the suggestion above from Dhananjay, I checked the Audio Hardware preferences.  Default Input was "None".  My choices are different than the above suggestions.  The only choice besides "None" is "Microphone (VIA HD Audio".  Picking that fixed it. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

This fixed my problem. (Swedish)

PE15.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolved my problem for 15. When I opened up my other version of 14, the sound worked great. It was just the 15 having issues after the Windows 10 updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you much for this clear and easy to follow directions. Adobe and their staff has our backside. I should have come here first instead of back tracking Windows update, uninstall / reinstall Adobe Premiere Elements. etc....etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this question correctly answered, tnh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve G, I've marked helpful and liked....but see no link and or icon for the word "correct"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on the forum, you'll see something like this.

CorrectAnswer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Steve, I am on the forum and just don't see that option in my web browser. "Google Chrome" Here is a graphic of the original Q

Adobe 15 Q.jpg

And here is a graphic of the answer that showed me the way.

Premiere Elements Win 10 audio resolved.png

I would love to help, but as I see it.... this choice is missing... sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually in the main forum or are you in the forum's Inbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines