• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Property Release not needed how to

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Stock and am trying to submit my first photos.  I have some identifiable buildings that are over 120-years-old and are not on the list of known properties.

How do I answer the release question?  How do I communicate that I don't believe a release is needed?

I have found the contact us feature almost unusable for this question.  I had asked another question about filenames and receive a prompt answer so I just sent the nice guy a new question via that email trail. (don't know if that will work)

Anyone been down this road and know what I need to do to upload these files correctly?

Kevin

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I've already answered the ticket you sent. You can select no to the question about recognizable property if a release is not required. The moderators may disagree with that and reject the content so keep that in mind.

regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mat, you are helpful and prompt. 

Tell the bosses you need a raise.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked for a "property release" for my own abstract digital painting. It's a bit weird and I do not know what to do. The picture looks a bit like watercolor, but it's not a reproduction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have no way to know if the artwork was created by you or someone else and photographed by you. As a result, we require a property release. Since you are both the property owner and the contributor you will need to print your name and sign it in both locations (witness name and signature is also required).

Best regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will share the info that I received from the most helpful Adobe employee Mat.

"If a release is not needed you can select no when asked if there is recognizable property. The final decision is up to the moderation team however. If they determine that a release is needed then the image will be rejected and that decision is final. We can't possibly know of every building and location in the world so the list of known image restrictions is limited to the most commonly requested spots."

I suggested that they add a feature where we could upload notes for the reviewer.

Hope this helps others.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines