• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find/change no longer works on ID CC 17 Mac

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The find/change function stopped working apparently my last update of InDesign CC 17.

When using the CMD F, the edit window does not open at all. If I use the pull down to select find/change from the edit menu, the page is still appears to be active but the Mac menu bar grays out. The Mac menu bar becomes active again if I click on the document. This inaction happens on all new or previous documents, so is apparently is global and not a problem with a particular document.

As far as I can recall, I have not changed my ID CC preferences this year or in recent years. My CC apps are all up to date. InDesign CC 17 is version 12.1.0.56 with the update installed April 17. (I only manually run the CC app monthly for updates as having CC automatically check at startup makes the computer unavailable for too a prolonged period which I do not consider efficient.)

Hope there is a fix for this as not being able to use find/change is really annoying and makes correcting or changing something in a large document extremely difficult.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

I've had no problems with Find/Change in InDesign CC 2017.

I would try restoring your preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems with Find/Change in InDesign CC 2017.

I would try restoring your preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Removing InDesign Defaults and InDesign Saved Data seems to have cleared up the problem.

However the link given is not completely up-to-date for the most recent Mac OS. InDesign Defaults was where indicated, but InDesign SavedData is in a different location:

hard drive/user/library/caches/Adobe InDesign/<version>/en_US/InDesign SavedData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DerrylS:

However the link given is not completely up-to-date for the most recent Mac OS. InDesign Defaults was where indicated, but InDesign SavedData is in a different location

We can certainly update the paths on that resource, but mine match. Would you mind double-checking your path?

InDesign defaults:

Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>

Finderss_002.png

InDesign SavedData

Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

Finderss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted my complete path I found was:

hard drive/user/library/caches/Adobe InDesign/<version>/en_US/InDesign SavedData

Now I know that the part of the path indicated as <language> was the "en_US" which is English_US, so the path indicated in the help was indeed the correct pathway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, great. People access this forum from all over the world, so there are a variety of languages potentially listed at that location. In your post, you left out the word users/ between hard drive/ and user/—so that's what I thought you were saying needed to be updated.

Glad you figured it out, and enjoy the rest of your day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines