Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change all separation colors to ALL black

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create an ALL black PDF file to make a letterpress plate, but some of the clipart images that I am using have cyan, magenta, etc. in them. How do I change the color to all black? I have looked at the separation tab, but when I try to convert to black, it only will create a black border or background (rather than change the actual color of the clip art).

By the way I am working in Indesign 2015.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you!

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

You can do this by making an "old school" pdf using a postscript file and Acrobat Distiller. Set up your print dialog box with the Output tab set to Composite greyscale and Postscript file chosen as your printer as in the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 4.32.47 PM.png

Click on Save and a postscript file with the suffix .ps will be created. Drag the file into an open Acrobat Distiller window and it will make a pdf which will be all black.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this by making an "old school" pdf using a postscript file and Acrobat Distiller. Set up your print dialog box with the Output tab set to Composite greyscale and Postscript file chosen as your printer as in the screen shot below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 4.32.47 PM.png

Click on Save and a postscript file with the suffix .ps will be created. Drag the file into an open Acrobat Distiller window and it will make a pdf which will be all black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better use a grey scale icc profile at exporting to PDF, new school...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Frans does have a better idea than what I originally suggested. To execute this method see the screen shot below of the Export to Adobe Pdf Output tab:

Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 8.01.58 PM.png

Choose one of the Gray Profiles listed under Destination and the resulting pdf will be all Grayscale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the best way, if you have the original INDD. But if not you can convert the PDF in Acrobat Pro to Greyscale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines