• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving changes to a Presenter Video Express project.

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear to me how to save changes to an existing project. I just spent some time annotating and trimming some clips and left for a meeting. When I came back to open the project again all the previous work I did was gone.

Is there a workflow I should be following before publishing to preserve any previous work?

Or is there a possibility that the project is caching from a previous instance or original state.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Consider the following workflow in that case:

1.) Copy your project and rename it to whatever you name you want to chose (let's call it project_name_version_2 for now)

2.) In the copied project folder, open the file, lcmanifest.xml

3.) In this file, do a search for "project_name" and change the current value to reflect your new name (project_name_version_2).

4.) In the same file, do a search for "guid" and change any one alphanumeric character to another alpha-numeric character. For example if your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you lost your edits.

I suggest using the following workflow to save your projects:

Name your project

A neat way to save your project will be to give it a name. You can do this by clicking on the project name displayed in the title bar in the edit screen (I have appended images to help you locate the project name). Once you edit this field, PVX will automatically save your project and the changes you made to it with the new name.

In order to avoid inadvertent loss of edits, PVX attempts to save your project in a couple of other scenarios as well:

a) Navigating to home screen

If you are editing your project and navigate to the home screen , PVX will prompt if you would like to save this project.

b) Closing the application

If you close the application, a save-project prompt will ask you if you'd like to save your project

Appendix:

Project title location for Windows:

PVXProjectTitle_WINDOWS.PNG

Project title location for Macintosh:

ProjectTitleLocation_MACINTOSH.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the title does change the title, but my intention was to save it as a version. I have tried creating copies from the folders, but when I attempt to import those copied versions, it won't because it still recognizes the other project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider the following workflow in that case:

1.) Copy your project and rename it to whatever you name you want to chose (let's call it project_name_version_2 for now)

2.) In the copied project folder, open the file, lcmanifest.xml

3.) In this file, do a search for "project_name" and change the current value to reflect your new name (project_name_version_2).

4.) In the same file, do a search for "guid" and change any one alphanumeric character to another alpha-numeric character. For example if your guid was "121c4251-0c23-459b-b300-e79073156701"

you can change it to "121c4251-0c23-459b-b300-e7907315670c"

Now, when you open PVX, you should see your new project in the project list.

A few things to note:

1) There is no need to import the copied project. PVX will auto-update the projects list with your new project when you re-open it

2) Again, if you don't see your copied project in the project list close PVX and re-open it.

Do let me know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround works, but I would hope to see some features added in future updates to account for the need to save projects "more clearly" and with the possibility as a separate version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that this workaround solves your problem for now.

The product management will be relayed this feature request and should consider incorporating it in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To not have a clear save function is so DUMB. come on guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources